Computer Aided Design
Professional Diploma (2008-2010)
Statistics and Applied Probability
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Master’s Degree Aerospace Engineering 2012 – 2015
M.Tech. in Aerospace Structures.
Credits completed: 62
Effect of Damage on Composite Helicopter Rotor Blades, Aug 2012 – Oct 2012
- Under the guidance of Dr. P. J. Guruprasad.
- Two important issues addressed; (1) damage in a composite helicopter rotor blade; and (2) modelling and analysis of the damaged rotor blade.
• PG Convenor (Krittika - Astronomy Club of IIT Bombay) for 2013-14
• Won the bronze medal in volleyball representing the department of Aerospace Engineering at the PG Sports, 2012-13.
BMS College of Engineering
Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical Engineering 2007 – 2011
Production and Evaluation of Properties of Al-Activated Carbon & Al-Mica Metal Matrix Composites, January 2011 – June 2011
- Final semester project under the guidance of Dr. K. Radhakrishna.
- Production of MMC’s, evaluation of properties, collect data and make a comparative study.
• Co-Founder of BMSCE "CoN-G" TV
• Part of the event organizing team for ENTWIRFT '2010 - annual Mechanical Engineering Association (MEA) Fest at BMSCE.
Professional Diploma in Design 2008 - 2011
Computer Aided Engineering Design
- Solid Edge
National Public School
High School Graduated in 2007
Advanced Materials Processing Laboratory
Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
Jul 2011 - Apr 2012
- Department of Aerospace Engineering
- Under the guidance of Dr. S. Gururaja
- Studying the effects of machining on Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics (CFRPs)
Gas Turbine Research Establishment
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Bengaluru
Jul 2010 - Aug 2010
- Vibration Engineering Group (VEG)
- Optimization of the shape of a turbine blade in the GTX-35VS Kaveri Engine.
G D Naidu Automotive Institute
Jan 2010 - Jan 2010
Automobile Servicing & Maintenance Technology
- Received hands-on experience in dismantling and assembly of various auto parts – Electrical and electronics, interior, powertrain and chassis.
Indian Predictions League
1998 - current
Floated own cricket prediction league in 2010 – Mechanical Prediction League (MPL) – as part of BMSCE CoN-G TV Team, currently running under the name of Indian Predictions League (IPL) on facebook.com.
Featured in the Times of India (Bangalore edition), on Wednesday, September 22, 2010.
Click to go to Indian Predictions League's Facebook page.
Honours & Awards
• General Intelligence Quotient (IQ) of 149, certified by iqtest.com on the 28th of March, 2013.
• GATE 2011 (Mechanical Engineering)
- 98.9th percentile, score of 613
- All India Rank of 888
- Received the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India Scholarship of ₹8000 per month from 2011-2013.
• NTSE Scholar (National Talent Search Examination), DCERT, 2004-05
- Ranked 22nd in Karnataka State
- Received the Government of Karnataka Scholarship of ₹2000 annually from 2005-2007.
• Excelled regularly with distinction in the annual International Assessment for Indian Schools conducted by the University of New South Wales, Australia during the period of 1998-2006. Received High Distinction in Mathematics in 2004 and 2006, for achieving 100th percentile in Karnataka State.
• NCC 'A' certificate as part of 9th Karnataka Battalion, 2003-04 batch
• Web Designing, 2004-05
- Won the inter-school web-designing competition held at Anveshan 2004, MES Kishore Kendra, Bangalore.
• Successfully completed the Mumbai leg of Tour de India two years in succession – 2012 and 2013. NSCI (National Sports Club of India) -- Worli Sea Face –> Bandra-Worli Sea Link –> NSCI; 23 km in 48 minutes.
• Excelled in Track & Field (100m, 200m, 4X100m, long jump, high jump) regularly at the School & University level.
• Won the best entry in the respective age group for 4 years in the Annual All India Camlin Colour Contest 1993, 1994, 1997 & 1998.
Personality & Interests
PLACES LIVED IN
CAUSES I CARE ABOUT
Text and illustration copyright © 1989-2017 by Naveen N. Bhat. ¤~Æ~¤ All rights reserved.